This specially curated collection serves the specific needs of students who are preparing for college by providing top-quality video across the entire high school curriculum, including life skills and guidance. It’s ideal for high schools that want targeted content, tailored specifically to their level, rather than a collection that pools the entire range of K–12 content into one platform.
Easy to Use, Easy to Integrate Curriculum Video On-Demand!
A variety of integration options and LMS platform partners make utilizing Curriculum Video On-Demand in your classroom easy.
Thousands of predefined video clips make it easy to find specific pieces of content quickly. Users can also create their own unique custom segments, which can then be added to a playlist or embedded into a secure website or Learning Management System.
All of our streaming videos have captioning and searchable, interactive transcripts, ensuring that the widest audience possible has access to the full range of video content in the subscription. The ability to search not just within the interactive transcripts, but across the full transcripts of all the titles in your account, also provides extremely targeted, specific results.
Curriculum Video On-Demand features full language support through Google Translate. All descriptions, transcripts, and navigation can easily be translated into any of 100 world languages—from Afrikaans to Zulu, from Finnish to French—making our videos accessible to users no matter their desired language.
Content Customization Tools
It’s easy to personalize your Curriculum Video streaming subscription and make it your own. Share, save and organize videos and custom playlists that you’ve created. Set up a user profile and update your preferences and defaults to your liking. Create your own unique custom segments and add them to a playlist. Tag favourite videos and segments for later use.
Dynamic citations are available in MLA, Chicago, APA, and Harvard formats. Our full integration with EasyBib, NoodleTools, and RefWorks provides users with up-to-date citation creation as well as the ability to export citations directly to EasyBib, NoodleTools, or RefWorks. This allows users to create a bibliography under their EasyBib, NoodleTools, or RefWorks accounts and includes the videos from their Curriculum Video subscription along with other references being used for a project or paper.
Administrative and Product Support
Account administrators have access to a robust administrative portal with invaluable benefits such as usage statistics, title/segment data, free MARC records, widgets and other usage boosters, title and collection status, a variety of admin tools, and more. All users have access to the enhanced product support center, with a wealth of help articles and tutorial videos, live help chat, sharing options, powerful page tools, and more. Webinars are available throughout the year.
Unlimited Access 24/7
Curriculum Video On-Demand gives students and teachers instant access to outstanding documentaries, and award-winning educational content from any location with Internet access, anytime they choose. All videos are iPad, PC, Mac, Android, mobile, and interactive whiteboard friendly. Curriculum Video On-Demand supports both IP and proxy authentication.
Now with a fresh new look, enhanced functionality, and an improved user experience, Classroom Video On Demand provides users with the content, tools, speed, and performance that today’s online experience demands. Created for high schools, this fully responsive and mobile-friendly curriculum-focused video subscription provides unlimited access to thousands of videos for ALL departments.
Classroom Video On Demand‘s Master Curriculum Video Collection serves the specific needs of students who are preparing for college by providing top-quality video across the entire high school curriculum, including life skills and guidance. This specially curated collection is ideal for high schools that want targeted content, tailored specifically to their level, rather than a collection that pools the entire range of K–12 content into one platform.
- Quality – From Oscar, Emmy, and Peabody Award-winning documentaries to A-list performances spanning the arts, we bring you the best of what’s out there.
- Breadth and Depth – We individually select titles from more than 800 international producers to bring a wide variety of the most relevant videos to suit the unique instructional needs of every subject. Notable series include Globe Trekker, Live from Shakespeare’s Globe, Job & Skills Evaluation, America—The Story of Us, Filthy Cities, A Concise Biography, and many more!
- Performance – Our platform features an advanced technical infrastructure, a fully responsive interface, and a powerful search engine and browse functions, making it fast and easy to use 24/7 on any Internet-enabled device.
- Freshness – Our acquisition efforts are ongoing, and new content is added regularly at no additional cost.
- Correlated – All video content is correlated to Common Core, national, state, provincial, IB Organization, C3 Framework for Social Studies, AASL, College Board AP, national STEM, and Next Generation Science Standards, as well as 21st Century Skills.
- Exclusivity – More than half of our titles cannot be found with any other academic distributor, thanks to exclusive agreements with hundreds of producers from around the world.
- Top Producers – We work with the very best producers, including CNN, HBO®, Guardian News & Media, ABC News, NBC News, National Geographic, PBS NewsHour, Open University, Annenberg Learner, TED, ClickView/VEA, Films for the Humanities & Sciences, American Public Television, ARTE France, Bill Moyers, Allegro Productions, and many more!
- Curriculum Mapping – Working with an advisory board of education professionals, our content staff has created a subject-matter taxonomy of more than 700 distinct areas of study within core subject areas designed to mirror the academic curriculum. We take pride in vetting every title before including it in the collection, and we think hard about how many places to cross-list each title in the taxonomy.
- Stimulate and reinforce in-class lectures, introduce new topics, and encourage open discussion on key subjects
- Content correlated to Common Core, state, national, provincial, Australian, College Board AP, IB, C3 Framework for Social Studies, AASL, NGSS, and national STEM standards, as well as 21st Century Skills
- Seamless LTI integrations with course management systems such as Schoology, itslearning, Canvas, Moodle, and others, allowing resources to be directly embedded inside courses without having to leave the LMS
- Create personalized playlists using premade clips, full videos, or custom segments; save favorites; share playlists for off-hours viewing and distance learning
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist you create to provide an overview or give context to the videos in the playlist—perfect for distance learning and flipped classrooms!
- Share to Google Classroom
- Add a link to department websites for immediate access to any top-level subject
- Instructor’s guides for many titles
- Monthly calendar for meaningful research suggestions and ideas
- Find inspiration and material for research papers, projects, and presentations
- Fully responsive and mobile friendly—will work on all tablets and smartphones
- Captioning and interactive, searchable transcripts on all titles
- Follow up on a clip used by a teacher in class and watch the rest of the video
- Dynamic citations in MLA, APA, Chicago, and Harvard formats, with EasyBib, NoodleTools, and RefWorks functionality
- Share, save, and organize videos/playlists
- Google Translate on all descriptions, transcripts, and navigation
- View the tablet/mobile-friendly videos from the library, school, or off-site, 24/7
- Full keyboard navigation, screen reader support, and Read Aloud tool for text content
- A comprehensive, curriculum-focused subscription providing unlimited access to thousands of videos
- Videos can be easily added to leading discovery tools, social media platforms, and learning management systems
- Single sign-on (Clever, ClassLink, Microsoft, or Google), LDAP, and IP authentication
- Add your institution’s custom video content or videos from educational Web Channels to the platform
- Free MARC records for every video
- Searchable Support Center with valuable help materials, how-to tips, tutorials, and live help chat
- Public performance rights
- Comprehensive admin portal with COUNTER 4.0 reporting and SUSHI exporting.
All titles are segmented into short, pedagogical clips, ideal for intermittent use during classroom lectures. For off-site viewing, students can choose to watch an entire film without interruption. Titles within the collection are sorted across distinct, browsable subject categories, enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
- Tech & Learning’s ISTE Best of Show Award
- The ComputED Gazette’s Education Software Review Award (EDDIES), “Multi-Level Online Video Database” category
“We use Classroom Video On Demand…Good coverage, many favorable reviews from students and teachers.”
Stephanie Patterson, Teacher Librarian, Southington High School
“Our students and faculty have found Classroom Video On Demand a superb educational tool for research projects big and small. The moment I introduce it to new students, they are excited to see their topic come alive and with such ease!”
Marta Fuchs, Director of Library Services, Drew School
“Our teachers and students find it easy to use and an invaluable reference. We have had other streaming video sites, but none that are as easy to use and contain the quality [of] video…”
Lillian Serafine, Assistant Director, The Taft School Library
“…extremely easy to navigate…Recommended.”
Library Media Connection
“What’s great about Classroom Video on Demand is that such a large variety of topics on the online database. Kids can search anything from photosynthesis to chemical reactions to an American author to a health related topic. Guidance counselors can find a video clip that will help students dealing with depression, you name it…The quality of the videos overall is fantastic.”
Kathleen Moser, Mount Saint Joseph Academy
“…could easily fit into the instructional plan of higher level or AP high school programs…ease of use is a big plus…high-quality…”
School Library Journal
“…useful in the classroom to enhance any lesson…extremely easy to navigate. The videos are high interest for students…Recommended.”
Library Media Connection
“…perfect for high school kids.”
Content to Follow